I have created my blog and written my first post. Not hard at all! I am working through the module with Jackie and she had trouble putting her name and blog on the mywiki page. We managed through my page, but now it looks like I don't know my alphabet as my name comes up as creating an account in the wrong alphabet letter! Sigh! While looking through the various recommended blogs it was a little disappointing that some of the blogs were not able to be found ie In Mrs McNamara's Class, Library - You Blog, We Blog.
However, many of the blogs were fascinating, especially the reflections posted in Weblogg-ed, discussing the place of technology in the classroom - or should there be a classroom? There were also many valuable blogs showcasing their value in the classroom. I believe they will be a great tool for student and teacher reflection, as well as a source that allows the children to tap into other people's insights. In particular, the War Memorial blog for our Yr 6 students studying Australians at War, and the Sea Ice Physics blog while studying Antarctica. It does motivate me to start my own blog with my children this term, maybe around our Literature unit. I'll give it a shot and see how I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment