Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Module 4

It was very interesting experimenting with Flickr and reading up on copyright issues. The Smart Copying link is an excellent resource and it will be worthwhile to revisit it whenever a copyright question arises.

Creating a Flickr account was easy and it's a great way to collect and store your own and class photos, only to share with those you will allow. The photos available through Creative Commons will be useful when the children are publishing their work. I always talk to the children about online plagiarism when they are undertaking research, but have neglected the photo/video component to date. I will endeavour to educate the children about the importance of this when they are presenting their work. Together, we can create class pages of photos after excursions or other important events, comment on them and then run a slideshow.

I have been on a cruise this year and have attached a photo of the beautiful Sydney Harbour on our entry into the heads. What a beautiful city we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment