Saturday, November 27, 2010

Module 5

I'm not sure where Term 4 went, but my goodness it is almost over! It's been quite crazy trying to complete Web 2.0 in between writing reports, teaching etc. However, as I have worked through the modules, it's time to start posting the rest of my blogs. Well, here goes!

I found this module very interesting. I have not used podcasts in my teaching before. I have heard of them and have inherited some MP3 players for my classroom, but have been a bit scared of them and haven't used them. From completing this module I am quite inspired to try using a different media. I can see great potential for use with story telling, listening post activities and most definitely in Mathematics. I can differentiate counting tasks with groups and the children can work at their own pace.

Similarly, I am keen to explore methods that are more engaging for the children in story telling. Teachers TV had some inspirational ideas for story starters using digital media and I loved the section on Storynory. I would like my children to investigate digital story telling through the use of photostory, audacity and movie maker. They have written some great narratives this term and it would be great to have them published using digital media in the last few weeks of the term.

Youtube is an amazing site and I use it quite extensively in my classroom. We have learnt scientific raps, watched man walk on the moon and looked at a variety of digital presentations making oour learning much more interesting! End of Term 4, here we come - new media to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment