Saturday, November 27, 2010

Module 10

Wikis have been introduced to me previously, but I have not really made much use of them, as I was a little unclear about their purpose and how I could use one educationally. Through the module I have explored the possibilities for using a wiki in the classroom and also joined a wiki. I will try to use wikis when a collaborative effort is required in the classroom or as an assignment set for groups for home study. I joined the wiki 50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story in order to continue my education about the endless possibilities. I can really see the value of joining professional online communities.

A Ning is a new concept to me and I see it as a valuable tool for connecting with people with a common interest. They also seem to be a great way to share information through their discussion and forum pages. I think they are quite similar to the myclasses pages already used in the classroom.

Web 2.0 will definitely improve the learning outcomes of students by opening a the world up for them. They will be engaged in 21st Century technology, creating things and learning about things I would never have imagined twenty five years ago when I first started teaching. The professional sharing of teachers and the directions taken by the students make a classroom a very exciting place to be at present. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment