More new avenues to explore! Bubble.us will be an exciting tool to use. I use mind mapping quite a lot with my class and this has loads of potential. It's a great way to both pre-test and post-test children's understandings of a topic. Initially I will use it as a full class brainstorming tool via the Activboard to model how to use the site. It's a fantastic tool for teaching the children connections in their learning. As a teacher I can see not only how they think, but how they believe concepts are connected. I particularly like how you can save and export it to My Documents to keep after saving it as an image file. I will use it for collaborative mind mapping, possibly in pairs, and as an assessment tool.
Glogster looks like a heap of fun for the children What an exciting way to present learnings using an interactive poster in which videos, pictures and sounds can be inserted. I like the fact that I can add my class to my site and allow them to work on Glogster while also sending messages to individuals. I will probably start using it as an alternative to presenting research, summarising chapters of novels or for setting small group tasks or homework. This will be a highly motivational tool - out with the pen and paper, in with glogster!
I agree Mary Anne. I think Bubble.us and Glogster will be great tools to use in the classroom. I particularly like the way the students can brainstorm all their ideas for a particular topic, especially at the beginning of a unit of work. Also a great assessment opportunity. Glogster I feel will be very motivating for the students. Can't wait to have my own class again to try all this out!
ReplyDelete